View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 02:57 AM

Default Re: Disprove the Bible

[ QUOTE ]
I've made a lot of posts on the religion threads in the last few months. One rule of thumb I've learned is that the number of responses a post gets is directly proportional to the stupidity of the post. That's because people love to correct stupidity but are hesitant to take on intelligence.

That sucks though, because it means stupid posts get all the attention while the smart posts get lost in the noise.

Maybe someone else has observed this before and gave it a name. Until we find out the proper name, let's call this the Law of Stupid Posts. LSP for short.

Jason, I answered your question about God as arbiter of good with my quotation of Kreeft, but you didn't respond to that. Nobody else either. So LSP says that part was smart.

I also made the quoted response above. You didn't object to that either. I guess that part is okay too.

Of course, LSP wouldn't apply here if someone came up with a substantive criticism of my points. That could happen soon, but it hasn't happened yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am glad you pointed out exactly what I was thinking right now. I answered Jason_t's question twice on "the problem of evil," but he did not acknowledge my post. Again I posted a even more simplistic explanation on Christians view on what evil is, but again no response from anyone. Do people really just ignore posts? Are the people here even qualified to discuss things on the Bible? Ive gone through 13 years of Catholic schooling; 9 of those years learning about Catholicism and Christianity... I would think at least my points would arise some discussion.

Btw Felson, your posts bring up very good points and Im glad that you and I both have made the argument that the consequence of having free will is the choice to do evil.