View Single Post
Old 03-15-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Why winning players really win.

[ QUOTE ]
You needn't have had to explain the obvious, to me, JTR. My proposal for you to continue your line of reasoning was for the immediate benefit of the other members who read and regularly post, here. As a rookie, I have absolutely no idea who to fear, and thus, I fear no one.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure that "who to fear" is the question. i'm not sure that you need to fear anyone. i don't get this conversation at all. and by the way, i've never seen howard lederer or phil ivey stare anyone down.

what you don't know how to do if you're a newbie is learn to understand situations.

for instance, let's say you're a new hold 'em player, sitting to Ivey's right. Ivey, UTG, raises 3xBB . you look down and see KJ and min raise. you just goofed. but not b/c you didn't fear him. you goofed b/c you're inviting a pro into a pot with you after he raised from utg, representing strength. you didn't understand the situation.

back to the original argument: winning players win b/c they try hard, sure. they also win b/c either they 1)study hard or 2) play 40 hours a week for the last 10 years or 3)are geniuses. or, of course, some combination of the three.

trying hard by itself isn't going to get you anywhere. sorry. i tried really hard to get into the NBA. unfortunately i'm 5'11" with two wrecked knees and no talent. kinda sucks.