View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: God and order in the universe

[ QUOTE ]
I can't argue with your presumption that the universe is a gift to you-- that its "biggest function" is "to be used by humans."

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't presume to know what the universe's biggest function is. I was hoping to get this thread would give me a better understanding. The idea though, that the biggest function of the universe is to obey the laws of physics is most certainly hogwash.

[ QUOTE ]
I can only ask that you tell me why human cosmic debris is any more relevant than, say, Jupiter

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not classify humans or jupiter as cosmic debris. Jupiter serves a very important purpose for earth and its inhabitants.

[ QUOTE ]
From your logic, it would follow that the universe's function was to serve pre-humans before humans, pre-pre-humans before pre-humans, pre-pre-pre-humans before pre-pre-humans, and so on. As though humans are the center of the universe.

[/ QUOTE ]

The universe provides functionality for any one or any thing who uses it. I never said humans were the center of the universe, only that the human prespective is the most germain to this discussion. If Alf decides to chime in that will certainly change things.

Stu