View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Crazy man on Party 100

I was playing the party $100 last night and admittedly not giving it my full attention. This one guy had almost 200 when I sat down and I just about doubled thru him with a set. The very next hand he got all in post flop a huge dog with QQ overpair vs small set and hit his Q on the river.

Anyway I wasnt paying too much attention to him but he was in alot of pots and I noticed he had a tendancy to raise huge out of the blinds when it limped. He would pop it to $10 almost every time when limped to him. Anyway I am sitting around 175 when this hand comes up(I dont have the log right now):

I have AK in mp and limp behind some other limpers. He is on the button and makes it 10 and I just call(dumb). Anyway flop comes down AJ rag and I check to him and he goes all in!!!??? He has me covered by a large amount. I think and think and somehow come up with a fold here. I just played a live game where this maniac started going all in every time he hit 2 pair or whatever and I really needed a win at the $100 level.

I know that he probably had bottom pair or some nonsense. Am I at at too big of a buyin if I think about money here?

EDIT: BTW I did the very same thing one round later with QQ and he repeated his $10 crap, he checked it down with a naked A9(king on flop) then bluffed off $15 or so on the river.