View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Re: 10/20 PL...define his hand on the turn?

Turnip: For a brief second I thought about leading the turn, I'm trying to get to showdown as cheap as possible, so I was thinking of betting 200 on the turn, but if he comes over the top I probably have to fold, and he'll probably bet the river if I check to him. Basically I'm just wondering if there is any other way to play this hand and any cheaper way to get to showdown...as for your mention of his underbet, sure it's small but not THAT small....would you play this any different if he bet 400 on the turn?

Wayfare: Calling preflop I knew it would be difficult to play, but it's 5 handed and I was playing my blinds too tight, I don't play deep stack short handed NL well (yet).... So I was playing pretty conservatively when I didn't have the button. That meant folding a ton of hands that I probably could have played... I almost always auto-bet any flop when I've been checked to, unless I know someone is a habitual check-raiser and/or calling station and I've missed. Most pots were being taken down when the flop was bet. I could see him firing on the turn with something like A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or like I said before JJ and just annoyed at me.

As for the bluff-reraise, I thought about how if he reraised on the river I would have to fold, but it takes a special kind of player to bluff-reraise. He isn't it. You'd have to get over the this money doesn't matter hump coupled with the is the other guy could enough to lay down TP...I don't think this guy is willing to reraise an extra 1500 on the river with Ace high or TT.