View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: yet another \"what is the foxwoods act III like\" thread

busted out around 45th (90+ registered, 7 seats given away)

so its time for my bad beat story...

blinds are 150-300 with a 50 ante, i am on the button with around 4000 chips, stacks of at least 10,000 to both the left and right of me, but for the most part the rest of the table is pretty low stacked compared to to the other tables that i can see.

i am dealt 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and UTG+1 raises to 1500. he has just been seated at our table, and has around 6500 in front of him.

he is a generic frat boy WPT wannabe, with a popped collar and wraparound sunglasses. the rest of the table folds around to me, and my first instinct is to muck, as i cant see him having anything less than a pair of jacks if he was a solid player.

i then realize that he is wearing sunglasses and looks like a f*cking idiot, and immediately push in the rest of my chips, re-raising him another 2500

he quickly calls and turns over the hand ..... K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and he announces that he called because "i figured i had you dominated" [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

flop comes -

10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

i make my set and actually sit back in my chair, but i should have known better.

turn -

5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

his runner runner flush draw is now gone, and the river comes -

4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

giving him the seven-high straight. i call him a [censored] under my breath, and walk away from the table.