View Single Post
Old 03-13-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Pumping the Turn

I understanding pumping, just looking for some feedback on how I did on this hand. Thanks.

UTG is a TAG, hundred of hands, he will only be open raising here with AK-AQ, maybe AJs, AA-JJ, maybe TT, maybe KQs. I doubt KQo, KJs or AJo.
MP1 is a loose passive fish, loves to chase
MP2 is loose and a little wild.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (9.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

<font color="blue"> I didn't want to threebet this because that might have scared the TAG off unless he had AA-JJ, I don't think he can have the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] unless he has AA. Also, if I three-bet and the UTG TAG caps, MP1 is gone. When it back to me for the cap, that is an easy raise</font>

Turn: (12.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls $8 (All-In), Hero ?

<font color="blue">I was ready to pump the turn here, but then realized MP2 was now all in. I figured I had 9 flush outs, 6 sraight outs (I really didn't discount the 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] much since it was backdoor, but I completely discounted my overcard outs here. I figure I have 15 solid outs to a winning hand here, there are 46 cards unseen, so I would be justified in pumping this turn if MP2 hadn't run out of money.</font>

As always, comments on any and all parts of the hand are more than welcome.

Vern

Standard Disclaimer, I am by no means an expert at any of this.