View Single Post
Old 03-13-2005, 08:51 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: The great Muckleshoot blunder of \'05

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think Muck is ever going to let us get rid of the jackpot for the 20/40? I don't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slavic told me they had a petition going around about it. I'm not sure if they've ever really been confronted on it.

I'm still wondering just how much having a JP affects action on the table. That includes the 20 game and higher as some of those players are also the type that would play for a JP. Elena mentioned above how someone didn't play AT for 2 bets because the JP was changed. If that was the 20 game, that's $40 right off the bat for that one hand that would've been in play. Which for that incident is a $39 loss. (greatly oversimplified example, but I think you'll get the gist of what I'm getting at)

So, does the action make up for the extra amount paid? (which isn't the full $1 given you can get some back with the drawings and stuff) I don't know. So in that regard, I'm undecided on it but lean towards having it because I know some do play looser because of it.

On a side note: I tend to hit a couple drawings a year(not counting the big one [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). Especially the freeeroll 100K deal. So as a regular, I don't think the JP drop affects me as much. I guess I'd have to measure it with the # of pots I win a year, figure the JP drop from it, and see how close I come to it.

b