View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Flamed for raising. Was I out of line?

[ QUOTE ]
Joe is right. And that is the real crux of the matter, when you get down to it.

People in this world seem to have developed passive/aggressive personality disorders. Yeah, I'm playing amateur shrink here, since I'm doped up and have an excuse [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, I have noticed that the world has become a super PC place, where you are never, ever supposed to tell the truth, no matter what. Not only is it considered not politically correct to tell the truth, but it is considered rude and just downright wrong (at times, even illegal). You are supposed to live in this dream world, where everything is perfect if you just pretend it is.

So my point, long as ever, is that people use Internet poker, and the Internet in general, in order to vent. Since they can't say to their co-worker, "Hey, buddy, I do all the work around here while you flirt with the girls in the next building, and I'm constantly covering for you. You are a lazy, no-good SOB, and I'm gonna bust you to the boss," they get on the Internet and act like total scum.

They not only play badly, but then proceed to abuse everyone else at their table in order to "feel better about themselves." Naw, it never works, but somehow they can sleep at night, feeling okay about ignoring the woman who was getting mugged on the street and yelling for help, then jumping online and abusing a few innocent people trying to have a good time.

The real world is not perfect, the real world is not PC, the Internet is a magnet for passive/aggressive behavioral disorders, and you will be better off if you never, ever have chat enabled.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You, my friend, kick azz.

For the others, my chat has been off for 6 months, unless I see someone I know in the game.

Great response,
Joe Tall