View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Re: 10k checkup - Can you help me improve?

I'll nitpick a couple of your points since OP seems to be taking them to heart. I liked the majority of the post, but there are a couple of things I'll take issue with:

[ QUOTE ]
steal more

[/ QUOTE ]

At 0.5/1, if you never steal, you are still doing perfectly well. The vast majority of 0.5/1 are calling stations who will rarely fold in the blinds. Remember, the value of a steal comes from the fold equity. If you know someone will never fold, then raising a hand like Q3o from the CO is just spewing.

I agree that this becomes more important at 1/2 and above, although even then you shouldn't be doing it too often. If you're able to steal on a regular basis, you need to get up and find another table.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you multitable? You should definately give it a try. Go up to at least 6 tables but start with fewer of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a big advocate of multitabling, but "at least 6" is a huge number. I'd argue that at 4 tables and up you're mostly on autopilot and rarely have the time to think through your own play or read the play of others. This is fine if you're looking to max your hands played, but if you're looking to improve your game, a strong argument could be made for playing fewer tables and focusing more on the quality of your play.