View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 04:28 AM

Default Wait until the turn or raise the flop?

Table is pretty good.
This is the BB's first hand at the table, I have never seen him before
BTN is in his second orbit and I had quickly defined him as textbook maniac. One of his first hands, he second limped/called preflop in the CO (I raised in the BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]), capped a three-way flop of J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], capped the turn heads up when K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] fell on the turn, then raised and called a 3-bet when 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] fell on the river. He held Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)
Props to Bison for his converter converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ?

This is a draw dead board.
Do I raise hoping the maniac three-bets me and he and I get heads up?
Is this a good place to smooth call believing that the BTN is more likely to raise if I call, then I can re-raise the flop.
Call/call and wait to raise a non-king turn.

Vern

Standard Disclaimer, I am by no means an expert at any of this.