View Single Post
Old 01-05-2003, 11:23 PM

Default Results plus question for anatta and cpk

I agree I missed a bet on the river. About the only hand I think I had to fear was an AK or AQ in the SB, and I don't think those were necessarily the most likely hands for the SB, especially with the way the hand played after the flop. I fell to that "Wow I think I won this pot when I knew I was way behind after that four bet, let's just take what I got" feeling.

The initial raiser had KK and the SB QQ.

My question for cpk and anatta is this: What would be a minumum three bet for you in this situation. I feel that this situation is a very good one for three betting with a hand that I would not "normally" three bet with. I am most likely going to get heads up with over two small bets worth of dead money and there are a lot of hands someone could be raising with in this situation that I already have beat and some that have me beat but will check and fold to a flop bet from a three bettor. I also think that 10-20 is a very good level for this type of play. I don't yet play above 15-30 but I would assume that once you get above that level more people would be suspicious of a three bet from the button in this situation and the play would start to lose some value. Most of the table had comments when the hands were turned over and were definitely surprised at my hand. Unfortunately the game broke soon afterwards, but my three betting standards would have been pretty tight afterwards. Please feel free to respond to this as I am still open to critisim on the three bet