View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 06:31 PM

Default Re: MIddle pair out of the blind

[ QUOTE ]
All comments welcome, but two particular questions in my mind ... was I right to call the turn at all, with some fuzzy number between 6 and 9 outs? How about planning to check-call the river when the flush card came? I figured if I bet out, I'd get raised by a flush and folded by most other stuff - but I might get a call from a blank ace that'd be worth an extra bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had 6 outs, then you would need almost 7:1 to make the call, and if you had 9 outs you would need about 4:1. You're getting only 5:1, which means you're most likely short. I think a check-fold would have been better.

On the river, I don't understand why you think so many hands would fold. Given that button bet the turn, I would immediately cast doubt on his ability to fold on the river, unless he was on a pure bluff. A 9 would call, an ace, and probably any mid pocket pair. I also think that the fearing a flush is out of line because it was a runner-runner draw for the button. Betting out on the river seems pretty safe.