View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 01:43 PM

Default a 500x the BB hand at $1/$2 NL

If this is the wrong forum, flame me and I will go away. I understand the $$$ divisions, but I have heard say a number of times that truly deep stacked questions go to this forum. I apologize if this is incorrect.

$1/$2 NL, $100 Max. Hero is sitting with $550, Villian has $500, and Villian #2 has $150.

Hero is in BB with 7 of Hearts and 7 of Diamonds, Villian is in LP, Villian #2 is in EP.

Villian #2 opens for $20 (lol, this was almost a standard raise), Villian calls, Hero calls.

Villian was playing almost every hand, and putting massive flop bets on top pair no kicker. He was a delight to have at the table.

Flop comes K J 7 of clubs.

Hero checks (because villian is almost certainly going to call the preflop raises bet, and then hero can check raise big. There is almost no chance villian has an over set, and if villian #2 does that's poker).

Villian #2 checks and so does Villian.

Turn comes an ace. Here, I'm not quite sure what happens, although I am sure than I am in the big blind. I don't clearly remember checking, and I don't remember Villian #2 checking either, but Villian open pushes. Yes, that's right, for $450, he pushes into the $60 pot.

What is your move?