View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: A question: The fundamentals of backing

I hate this thread so much, for so many reasons, and I just wish it would die. What I post here, may either render the point moot, or stir up another 1000 views. I hope I am not over-stepping my bounds, but when I first approached Irieguy about backing this is the response I received:

[ QUOTE ]

Well, here's my deal, in case it sounds like something that would be good for you:

1. Send me your spreadsheet covering 300 consecutive SNGs at the $11 level. I also need to see a few HHs from tournaments you finished ITM.

2. If we agree on mutual benefit and trust, I will provide you with $330 as a $11 bankroll.

3. For the next 500 SNGs, you would give me 50% of the profit. I would help you analyze your spreadsheet and hand histories at that point, and if things look good I will give you another $330. That would be $660 of support from me, which is enough to bankroll the $22's if your ITM% is at least 40%. The benefit to you is that you can keep all of your share for spending money... you don't need to build a bankroll.

4. Each time you are ready to move up a limit, I will provide you with the marginal increase in bankroll needed. You will always give me 50% of your profit until the deal terminates. You can terminate the deal by paying me back the entire bankroll. My profit-sharing payments do not count towards bankroll pay-off. If you never pay me back... then you owe me 50% of everthing you make at poker forever and ever.

What this deal gives you is a risk-free bankroll and mentorship from somebody who has played poker for over 15 years. I currently have a 40% ITM rate and 20% ROI at the $55's while 6-tabling. What it gives me is 50% of your winnings until you have reached a level high enough to where you feel you no longer need the bankroll support. I will go as high as you want. That could mean a lot of money for me, too. I am now an obstetrician starting my own practice. Within 6 months, I will not have enough time to play even 100 SNGs a month... so I want somebody to play them for me- they are THAT profitable.

Get back to me if you are interested.

If not, I sincerely wish you the best of luck and happiness.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

What I hate most is that Gauchofish has taken advantage of the kindness and trust (although monetarily motivated) of a stranger.