View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 02:55 AM

Default Re: A question: The fundamentals of backing

[ QUOTE ]
There is a large hole in your logic. It is not a strange coincidence....none of them have confronted this issue yet BECAUSE they have not yet lost.

I'd be interested to hear if they all feel they need to pay him back if they lose. If i thought this was our agreement, i'd not have brought it to this forum.

I thought there was some sort of a general way these things went down, i guess i was wrong.

WD

[/ QUOTE ]

Irie has been backing me for going on three months now and I received an initial email outlining the way the program works followed by a telephone conversation, he was very specific & detailed as to what my obligations were to him and his to me.
This has been my first experience with a backer and I liked the whole idea simply to improve my game, in fact I had talked with a couple regular posters about a coaching arrangement prior to this arrangement.
To suggest that not knowing the deal is anyone elses responsibility is rediculous and insulting, provided of course that you are over the age of twelve.
I was taught long ago by my parents, grandparents, and the world at large, that there is no such thing as a free lunch, and any "deals" that sound too good to be true, most likely are.
So, to accept a sum of money, lose it, then claim ignorance and somehow imply foul, I think is plain wrong, weather well intentioned or otherwise.
Pay the guy the money he gave you and next time ask all questions prior to the cyber handshake if you aren't sure how things work.