View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Official PTO (PokerTrackerOmaha) Rating rules for PLO8 thread

I have been trying to work out rating rules for PLO8 as well. I have 4000 of my own hands + a ton of observed hands that I have mined while sleeping.

So far the most useful indicators of poor play seem to be went to showdown %, and won $ at showdown %. Players with went to showdown %> 35 are definitely making poor post-flop decisions. Similarly, players who win $ at showdown less than 60% of the time are calling too much.

I, like you, have noticed that players can be successful playing either loosely or tightly preflop. However, VPIP> 50 is usually syptomatic of a total lack of discipline and/or knowledge of the game. Most of the players with VPIP>50 are huge calling stations. But I have noticed a few good LAG players who win despite having high VPIP.

Preflop agression seems to be a poor indicator of player skill, as does total aggro. Although most of the biggest fish have very low total aggro rates.

I suspect that the "scoop" and "won high"/"won low" stats will be helpful, but I haven't taken the time to dig through those yet.

Anyway, here are some of my stats so far: 8BB/100; VPIP 20; PF raise 1.5; TAGRO 2; Went to showdown 20; Won $ at showdown 70.