View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Re: $200 in PP, now what?

i really appreciate the constructive criticism. overall, while i'm happy i won #1: i realize i have played next to no hands #2: i don't think i'm a great or even good player just because i won some pennies at .25/.5 stakes #3: know i have a lot to improve on.

but i am happy because i think, for the most part, i played pretty solid for a beginner and i should be happy to be in the positive- even if i played well and lost, i'd be upset.

[ QUOTE ]
You need to be VERY careful trying things like this until you are an experienced player. OUtright bluffing at the low limits is rarely correct. Wait for the opportunity to semi-bluff.

[/ QUOTE ] thanks for the tip. i should be careful, and i think for the most part i didn't OUTright bluff as it was generally only in the blind positions when folded to me or one limper. but i will keep my eyes open for developing bad habits/overconfidence.

[ QUOTE ]
When you move up to limits as low as $2/$4 this will actually be pretty much an average game. I know you're just starting out, but start working on your patience now.

[/ QUOTE ] yeah, patience is definitely an area i have to work on. i only played around 25% of the hands, which i believe is around the suggested amount (i wasn't shooting for this %, it just happens that i work very hard on my PRF play at this early stage of play). i was just surprised actually because i didn't think .25/.5 would have so few flop viewers.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying not to celebrate your win - you should be proud - but the point is to never settle for how you did. Could you have won more on the hands you won? Could you have lost less on the hands you lost? What did you learn about your opponents? Only player who ask themselves these questions on a regular basis will improve and take on the higher limits.

[/ QUOTE ] this is great. i'm actually happy you said this because i thought i was studying too much and overly concerned that i didn't play well, but that's what i'm going through right now. sure i won say 26BB, but could i have had 30BB? did i misread on this hand? i actually have a lot of questions about my play, but the Bison Converter link seems to be messed up, so i'm stuck for now. i have a pad of paper next to the computer where i constantly take notes.

anyway, thanks for the help/suggestions/guidance. it is much appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]