View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: A question: The fundamentals of backing

Wouldn't you be on your own *after* paying back the roll? And not merely after losing it?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

You even said yourself the aggreement entailed that:

[ QUOTE ]

I could stop the arrangment whenever i liked by returning the roll i had been provided.

[/ QUOTE ]

Otherwise you could just take the money, play whatever limit you felt like gaammmboooooling it up and once his/her role was depleted, just take your own money and play the right way. It's like a freeroll into -EV games.

Now. If you lost the roll and quit poker, then I'd assume that you don't owe him anything. If you're playing again and winning you owe him.

Also. Variance *is* part of poker. If I was your backer I'd be pretty pissed that I chose a poor horse to back who can't get his mind right. I'd be kicking myself even harder that my horse burned my money and won't make good after the variance turned around.

I'd also like to see exactly how your backer used the world 'eternal' in his/her communications to you.

Yugoslav
I imagine that there is other pertinent information here that has not been included. I assume this b/c, well, the chances are too high that you're leaving something out unintentionally or intentionally...