View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Re: Beginner\'s Poker FAQ

Thanks for the comments AK.

[ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]The glitch: #34 looks unfinished; perhaps it's written and just didn't make it up there in finished form?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, nuts, you're right. I haven't finished the answer yet, but I forgot the way the faq building script works it will take the question if there's any answer at all, even an incomplete one. I'll finish the answer tomorrow and get it up completely. I sort of got sidetracked while writing the answer.

[ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]The nits: #13 says "Adjustements" instead of "Adjustments", #6 says "hold's" instead of "holds", and #8 says "Beginner's" instead of "Beginners". Not earth shaking, but since this has more permanence than an everyday post I figured it's worth pointing out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for this, I'll fix these.

[ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] The suggestion: Would it make sense to group these into a few categories, such as Abbreviations and definitions", "How to get started", "Improving your game", ... ?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're absolutely right, it would. The current presentation is sort of a quick and dirty implementation. I have grouped the answers, somewhat, into related chunks. But I haven't added any headings, which I will do. Now that someone has mentioned it, I'll be prodded to get this done faster. It's not going to be a difficult change to the database, so I just need to get it in gear.

Thanks again for the comments and suggestions.

Regards,

T