View Single Post
Old 12-31-2002, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Did I overplay this hand against aggressive opponent?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
am I just getting myself in trouble by getting so agressive against a guy who will not back down?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you are making tons of money off him when you have a hand, like you have here.

The bet on the flop to get it heads-up was great. The 3-bet was also good.

On the turn and river, you know he's going to bet/raise every time, so you just have to decide how many bets you want to put in.

I like betting and reraising him on the turn with top pair, top 2 kickers. I like betting and reraising him on the river with top trips, top 2 kickers. I wouldn't worry too much about him having the flush.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
He 3-bets. I said "****, you win." and call anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you think you are behind? From your description of him, he will always put in the last bet if he can, regardless of what he has.

Finally, I'll disagree with the other posters here and say that I like your idea of not limp-reraising him preflop (although open-raising would have been best).

1 - If the flop hits you, you'll easily be able to make up the lost bets.
2 - With a small pot, you should be able to knock out the other 2 players (which happened)

With this player, you want to be on his right, just like you are. It gives you the most flexibility in playing your hands - you can checkraise to keep people in, or you can bet out and have him raise and knock people out.