View Single Post
Old 12-30-2002, 01:41 PM

Default Did I overplay this hand against aggressive opponent?

Good 10-20 game, I've been winning and have good table control. When, "T", the single most aggressive pokerplayer I have ever seen sits down. Most famous quote from T, "I was prepared to go 14 bets with that guy preflop". Referring to a hand where he just beat a guys KK with his J4. In fact, I can't think of a time where I've ever seen T just call a bet unless it was capped.

Anyway, I've got AhQh UTG, I limp. Folded to T in midposition who raises. We get two callers and both blinds fold. I debate reraising, but decide to not build a pot so big that I can't shake anyone off it.

Flop comes AsKc2c. Checked to me, I bet, predictably T raises, folding everyone between us (good boy!). I make it 3 bets, he makes it 4 and I call.

Turn is the Js. I check and call his bet.

River is the Ac. I check. He bets. I raise. He 3-bets. I said "****, you win." and call anyway.

The pot was big enough that the river call was mandatory, but am I just getting myself in trouble by getting so agressive against a guy who will not back down? Or should I consider his reraises value bets for me?

Results later,

Thanks,