View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 01:32 AM

Default Re: What PP 15/30 players do you LEAST like to see at your table??

[ QUOTE ]
I have got more hands with Sagehen than anyone else. I have got his VPIP at about 12%. Too tight.

On the other hand, he just might be getting no cards when I am at his table. He never seems to get dealt big pairs. I have over 1500 hands on him and his known hands show him having Aces, Kings and queens 5 times combined. I suppose he may have folded a few big pairs postflop that I don't know about but overall, I would be going nuts if I got premium pairs so infrequently as he seems to get them.

When he does get AK/AQ etc, it's comical how much he gets sucked out on by goofy hands. That dude is running pretty bad (at least at my tables). Yet, his overall loss rate isn't that big in my PT database so he may well be an excellent player who is cutting his losses during a bad run.

I had the pleasure of playing with Peter Rus and elindauer for the first time the other day. Both are very good players. Then of course there's Stoxtrader.

Knicks or something like that also is difficult to play against.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played with him a bit. He is too tight, except that he seeks maniac like games from my observation. So his tight play does pay well in the types of games I find him in. And, that's part of why he gets sucked out so much, because he finds good games.

I don't have any of the software that you all use. Exactly how useful is that stuff? Surely, numbers can't give that good of a feel on a person, can it? What software works for you?

pokerponcho