View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: 2005 Microquests Thread -- Post Your Progress, Setbacks

Well, far less than a year has passed, but it's time to revise things.

[ QUOTE ]
The most general goal, and the one foremost in my mind, is to continue to study the game seriously. SSHE needs to be read again, and then again. Reading threads, posting hands -- I'm looking to assimilate all I can.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been studying SSHE lots on a fairly continuous basis. I've also started reading HEPFAP more, and have been trying to understand the differences in strategies and the reasons behind them, in an attempt to continue clarifying the theories of the game. Will keep it up.

I haven't been posting as much as a few months ago because I've begun 6-tabling, and find it hard to do anything other than play while I'm at it.

[ QUOTE ]
Getting results oriented, I very much want to make the move to 2/4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Done. I've made the move to 2/4 and after 22K hands there I've built my way up to a 1300BB roll. (incl. all winnings, bonuses and rakeback.)

[ QUOTE ]
Stretch goal for 2005 is to conquer 2/4 and make it up to 3/6.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize now that this is very doable. I've begun datamining 3/6 and I even sat in a game or two for a few orbits over the weekend. I'm going to start working in a 3/6 table or two here or there. I plan to try and start the permanent move once I hit 1000BB for 3/6.

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, I'd like to build up enough of a bankroll whilst at 2/4 so that I can withdraw a chunk to put towards a "real life" bankroll for 4/8 at Foxwoods.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't bothered withdrawing the money, but I have enough that I can play 4/8 at FW when I want and cover any substantial loss with a withdrawl.

I've decided to revise goals upward:
* Play minimum of 15K - 20K hands per month. 6-tabling, this will require a minimum of 40hrs a month.
* Move to 3/6 once I reach 1000BB.
* Start preparing for a move to 5/10 6max.
* Begin using poker winnings as savings, or capital for future investments, instead of solely to build a bigger bankroll.
* Take a trip to Vegas. Win.

I'd like to be a winning 5/10 6max player by the end of the year.

-Brian