View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: 2005 Microquests Thread -- Post Your Progress, Setbacks

I haven't posted any goals before, but I figured I might as well start.

I just bought PT in mid-January, and I have about 10k .5/1 hands in already. My bankroll is up to about 700 BB's, and I just signed up for rakeback. I feel like I'm a 2.5-3 BB/100 player, but my BB/100 is currently at about 4 right now. I think I'm running well.

I will be moving up to 1/2 in the next couple of weeks or so. Once I get to ~1300 or so, I am going to buy myself a 2001fp (or maybe the new 24" widescreen that's coming out). Then 1/2 6-max by the end of this semester.

As far as my game goes, I'm working on loosening up, after Nate the Great's post. It hasn't really worked. My VPIP is only gone up a few tenths over the last 4k or so. My PFR is getting really high, however. I'm at about 18/10 now. I think that's largely because I've been playing shorter sessions recently, and I haven't been able to get good enough reads to start trying more "advanced" plays.

Semi-long term goals: I should have quite a bit of time this summer while studying for the bar (assuming I keep my golf habit in check), so I'm hoping to be at the 3/6 level (maybe 5/10 6-max?) by mid-september, when I transfer my soul to the firm, and lose all free time.

EDIT: I'd like to learn NL as well. I think I'm going to wait for the new 2+2 book to come out this summer. I just want to be able to hold my own in the super-soft live NL games.