View Single Post
Old 12-23-2002, 07:34 PM

Default Re: Folded three winners last night in fair size pots

Hand 1: Pre-flop, I get stuck just like you. On the flop, you're probably either ahead or behind. I like to bet, so that's probably what I'd do. But you didn't. So, now, it's back on you. If you think you're ahead, raise. If you think you're behind, fold. If you're not sure, but want to keep playing, raise.

So the turn doesn't change anything. If you think you're ahead, bet. If you think you're behind, fold to one bet - two is an easy fold.

Hand 2: Maybe I 4-bet pre-flop, maybe I don't. Depends a lot on what that will do to the field. Anyway, now you're in a big field with two overcards and you decide to check. I probably bet, but checking is fine. Of course, the reason you check is so you can get away from this missed flop as cheaply as possible. Two back to you. Easy fold.

Hand 3: I'd raise before the flop here. Clear out some crap Queens and Kings. I'd bet out on this flop and let some joker protect my hand. If you liked the hand enough to call on the flop, why didn't you like it enough to call on the turn?