View Single Post
Old 12-23-2002, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Did I cost myself money?

Rollaj,
With 6 people seeing the flop for a double bet each the pot already seems to be a good size. Betting out with the intention of having the BB raise and knock out the rest of the field as well as getting the pot heads up sounds like a good idea to me. If other players are on weak draws such as gut shots or even other pocket pairs, I think you want to put as much pressure as you can on them and make them pay the maximum price to draw. There is nothing worse than flopping a set, letting people see cards for cheap and having a 4 or 2 outer beat you on the end.

Instead of thinking that you may have cost yourself money I think you did your best on the flop to protect the money that you already have. I'd be happy to win a pot of that size with a set everytime.

Also, even though you weren't interested with your play on all streets after it was heads up I think you did cost yourself some money in that aspect. Smooth calling the raise on the flop, check raising the turn, and betting out on the river may have made a little extra money.
A hui hou,
Adam