View Single Post
Old 12-23-2002, 09:29 AM

Default Did I cost myself money?

Ok here's the situation Im at a 4-8 with a rather tight passive table. Im stuck $160 after about 11 hours of play over 2 days. I decide Im going to leave if I lose the balance of $40 in front of me. The hand...
I pick up 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] in the small blind, 4 limpers to me I complete, BB Raises(damn) Im all limpers call so I call as well.
Flop comes Q [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] (YAY!)
So I know preflop raiser will raise because he probably has a pair or A-K (those seem to be his standards) I go ahead and bet out, he raises all fold to the double bet. River and turn are rags I win he shows me the rockets.... He then tells me I shouldnt have bet the flop because I could have drawn more people in for more money If I let him do the betting. My thinking was that with 222 any player with a pair can draw out on me to make a higher set or make a straight or get a draw to one which they would then have correct odds to draw to+ there was already $48 in the pot which is a nice amount (even more so when your stuck and catching crap cards hour after hour).
So did I make the wrong play or was the guy just bitter because I cracked his aces with deuces [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]