View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 08:44 AM

Default No bet if an ace flops?

You write that after an ace flops, u can't bet KK?

Granted, at lower limit SNG some players DO play very bad aces like A-9 to a preflop raise. So, at these levels, it IS more likely that someone WILL have an ace. HOWEVER, people also bleed a lot of chips by playing other bad cards to a preflop raise, so it is NOT probable that they have the ace.

Listen: Most people "read" every preflop raiser for AK. Thats why my bullets and cowboys can get heavy preflop action from an underpair. Not betting the flop is like announcing to everyone that they have a right to steal the pot from you.

Thats like saying after you hit nothing with AK you don't bet. Also: What do you do with JJ when a Q, K, OR an ace flops?

If you are heads up or if there are only 2 other players, it is mandatory to bet the flop when you raised preflop in this situation.

Always remember that ANY unpaired hand (16/7 hands) does not pair the flop SEVENTY percent of the time. Thats my favorite poker stat. I think smart continuation bets combined with the ability to quit a pot when you feel that you are getting called by a strong hand is really vital to playing SNGs.