View Single Post
Old 12-22-2002, 03:49 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: QQ in 3-6 Kill hand

one could argue that if youre calling the turn, youre calling to showdown. since youre chasing 2 outs. and nothing will have changed if a blank hits. i think if youre going to fold this, the turn is the spot.....BUT that's a tough fold with an overpair, so you could lay it down on the river if you know this play isnt likely to bet that far, that much with anything less than something that beats you. would he bet this way with AJ? thats about the only hand he could really represent that you could beat. and he isnt playing the flop like that with AJ. i try and keep track of how/what they bet on each street. if he had AK, i dont think hed have played it that strong...but if he IS capable of that, lean more towards calling...but his flop and preflop play is screaming 'overpair'

knowledge of the player helps in the turn and river plays, but if in doubt, with an overpair, call it down. losing the pot is a much bigger mistake than losing 1 or 2bb. unless youre calling everything down, that is... [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

b