View Single Post
Old 12-21-2002, 06:49 PM

Default Re: QQ in 3-6 Kill hand

Personally, I'd give you a 8. Here's my reasoning:

Minus .5 for not checkraising the flop to put extra pressure on MP and CO who voluntarily entered the pot (as opposed to the SB and BB, which in LL will most of the time enter the pot with below average hands when they see preflop action). Obviously if the blinds are tight/aggressive players who will likely have legitimate hands, then betting out with the hopes that the button will raise is ok too. Although if you had to pick, who would you rather eliminate? I would lean toward trying to get MP and the CO out, since they have position on you and you have position on the blinds.

Minus .5 for re-raising the flop. An "older gent" is usually ahead of you here and is going to cap it. When I'm in this situation I try not to put in more bets than I have to.

Minus 1 for not betting the river. Effectively, you have the nuts against the button. Old men do not play straight draws as aggressively as he did. He will either have an overpair or a set, both of which you beat. Maybe it's only a minus .5 if you were going for a checkraise, but after all this action I wouldn't rely on an old man to bet here, even with a set. They often check in situations like this picturing some silly straight.

Just my opinion...I'm interested to hear what others have to say!

- JAA