View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Foxwoods - Draws are Death?!?

1/2 No limit tables at Foxwoods Friday night/Sat AM. Any comments on my line of thinking would be appreciated. No particular reads on villian, although I've seen him make some peculiar calls/laydowns. Below average player.

I'm in position on the Villian (maybe even on the button, don't remember.) Villian has about the same sized stack as me ($600ish). 3 players limp, Unimportant player raises to $15. Villian calls.
I call with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] All others fold. 3 players, pot size approx $50.

Flop comes 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Unimportant player checks. Villian bets $30. I have the nut flush draw, and two overcards. I decide to re-raise to $80 (total) because other players: a) will most likely fold a variety of hands they could be betting with such as top pair, baby flush, maybe even a high pocket pair. b) If I get a call, I may also get checked to on the turn. How they react to my raise will also give me a better read on their hands.

Anyway, he calls, next card is a blank. He checks, I check and take the free card. Last card is another blank, he bets $75 and I fold with a quickness.

Comments?

Whenever I encounter hands like this with draws to the nuts (sometimes I'll have the nut flush draw and two suited cards in my hand) i'm never quite sure how to play them. I realize it's totally situational, but any general advice on these types of hands?

iash