View Single Post
Old 12-20-2002, 02:15 AM

Default Re: results/comment

I called the turn and called the river. My opponent showed a busted flush draw. He was drawing dead on the turn.
As it turned out, I made the same amount here that I would have had I raised the turn and bet the river.

In any event, I am still not quite sure what the proper turn play is against this particular opponent (one who plays well enough to realize the value of a hand and how it varies depending on the situation). He may well have been playing a strong hand in a strange way to induce excessive action etc. To be honest, he had me a little confused with the stop 'n go given that there was an Ace and a King on the board and given that I had raised preflop (albeit from a semi-steal position).

One reason to raise on the turn is that the raise may be protected i.e. most players would not be able to make it three bets with anything less than a set (okay, maybe AK too).

Had I raised the turn and he called, I probably would have checked when the second ace came. I may have bet if I made two pairs.