View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 10:00 AM

Default Thank You

I didn't see anything in chat, so I had no idea I had spectators. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I've said this before, but it's an absolute fact that the majority of anyone's poker winnings come less from your own skillful play than from your opponents' mistakes. It's also been said that a skilled player has the biggest advantage over less skilled players at Stud/8 than at any other game. I don't think I know anywhere near as much about this game than about Hold'em, but at this level, the difference in how much I know compared to the field is much greater than in a HE tourney.

I play this one pretty much every Friday. I had a + ROI in '04 with one win, and for 9 tries this year I have 4 ITM with 2 final tables (6th 2 weeks ago). Obviously, it helps when the cards go your way (the wheel hand when we were down to 3 set me up pretty well), but I got to where I was by twice betting my case chips on the river when I bricked on 6th and 7th and getting my opponent to fold when I had no low and couldn't beat A-high.

They can't fold if you don't bet. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]