View Single Post
Old 03-04-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: in which i come back to no limit....

Ahh, I see. I went through a similar mode of self doubt when I first got back into the arena after a heartbreak and a bankbreak. We all have those moments of self doubt, but I think the best way to get through them is to read, practice, and play. I played a great game the first day back, despite being "rusty." I was aggressive, but tight. I made a few good moves, a few semibluffs, and a few reads. But over 10 hours I got flopped set over set three times doubling up my opponents the first two times(one was a former pro basketball player, which seemed unfair to me in the overall schematic of justness in the world, but there is no justice in cards...) and I was eventually broke on the third one. I was never in the lead on those hands, I was drawing for quads to win, and I got busted because of it. Is that my fault? a little yes, a little no. I was heads up each time on the flop, and I could have played it differently, but I would, overall, have a smaller ev if I didn't play my hand. I make my profit by my overall style, and plugging those holes are important, but more importantly I have to be sure not to create new holes in my schema by doing so.
Again, hope it works out next time.
Ez