View Single Post
Old 03-04-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: I hope you didn\'t watch TILT tonight... how embarrassing...

I believe last year's WSOP coverage showed Fischman playing 4 tables at UB on some kind of monitor that had 1600x1200.

I doubt it was that tough for the audience to figure out what was going on.

The show is ridiculous.

It's like doing a dramatic TV show on a baseball team where the short-stop throws left-handed and the star-pitcher is only good because he has "in's" with the umpires and throws nothing but spit-balls.

Non-baseball people might not know much about the mistakes or how unrealsitic it is....but that doesn't excuse the people writing it for making a really stupid show.

When the movie The Scout had Brendan Fraser striking-out 27 consecutive batters in his major-league debut (in the world-series no less) I complained about how incredibly stupid that movie was too (as did just about everyone else who saw it).

However...in defense of those who keep saying "it's a TV show, lighten-up" I have been trying to find any non-poker players for their thoughts on the show (and whether they think it's as bad as I think it is) but unfortunately I can't find any.

Friend of mine who watches a lot of sports (and ESPN obviously) and knows nothing about poker basically has the attitude of "why the f'ck is ESPN doing a TV show about poker?"

I'm curious if there's much talk at the B&M tables about the show and whether the typical LAG drunken-fish actually likes it.