View Single Post
Old 03-04-2005, 06:19 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Big Tourney-A/A First Hand Vs. Five All-In Players

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps.
But late in a tourny, with a large chip stack, Id rather not get all my money in the pot when Im probably not even 50% to win.
Fewer chips, I would have called.

Call me 'too tight for my own good'... but in a different situation, I would called.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it the chip leader who took down the pot, or some other player? Depending on how far ahead you are (2nd in chips, but how much ahead of 3rd-5th players?) you're likely to take any side-pot action. If the side pot is large enough, then it's certainly worth it.

Besides, are you playing for 5th place or 1st place? Usually a big difference in the money. Can't see you getting a better opportunity to wipe out numerous players and move up significantly in the money. The only player capable of busting you is the chip leader. And even if you lose to the chip leader, so does everyone else usually. So you're guaranteed 2nd place money (while right now as 2nd in chips against the other players you aren't)