View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 05:10 PM

Default party1k: i hate jacks

below are a few JJ hands i've played the last couple days on the new 1k tables; i never seem to know what to do with them, help me out.

hand 1: i have jacks in the sb, utg minraises to 20, mp reraises to 75. folded to me and i almost want to fold right there. instead i coldcall, playing strictly for a set, but utg pops it again to 300. mp folds, now it's 225 more to me with 460 in the pot, and utg has ~1500 more in his stack (i have him covered). it's either AA/KK at this point, do i have odds to still try to spike a set on him? i folded, anybody fold the first time around?

hand 2: i have jacks utg with ~1700 (not only do i hate jacks, i hate them even more oop) and limp. aggressive player on my immediate left (has me covered) raises to 45, one lp caller and i call. flop is rags, i lead for 125, utg+1 makes it 350, lp folds and i fold. ok to fold here? he's pretty aggro, he could have AK or even 10-10, not giving me credit for a hand since i didn't raise pf. maybe i should've, i just don't usually do so with JJ utg. given that i didn't, instead of leading out, check-call or maybe even check-raise the flop?

hand 3: couple limpers to me and i make it 65 in the co with jacks (at least this time i have position) and ~1k. shortstacked bb with ~300 calls, and one limper with ~900 calls. flop comes unpaired low cards with two of a suit. checked to me, bb has ~240 left so that's what i bet. bb calls, limper moves all-in for ~600 more. i fold. again.

in general, i find myself folding jacks a lot whenever pressured. do i need to take a stand with them sometimes, play them more aggressively myself and be the one applying the pressure? it's probably the hardest hand to play, for me at least.