Thread: 5-10, KK hand.
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 04:18 AM

Default 5-10, KK hand.

Party Poker 5-10.

Games seems slightly loose, and normally aggressive.

UTG open limps, in Early middle position, I have K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and raise. LMP, and CO coldcall, the BB calls, and UTG limpreraises. Wondering if he has Aces, I call, and everyone else comes along. five to the flop for 15 SBs.

Flop 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG bets, I raise, hoping to fold some people, and find out if UTG does have aces. Behind me, it goes call, call, call, call.

5 to the turn for 25Sbs.

Turn, 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

The BB bets out. UTG calls, I wonder if he is playing a nine this way, or he could have a couple of spades, and he thinks it is some kind of value/semibluff/outcleaning bet. I'm still a little worried about UTG having aces, and now I have the additional problem of someone might have a nine. I'm probably way ahead/ way behind, but against 5 players, and I don't know how many outs they all might have. I can't find my way to a raise here, but that might be the best play. To noone's surprise who has read this far, the two late position players, call, and call. 5 to the river, for 17.5 BBs.

River Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Now, the BB checks, and UTG checks as well. I think that they might be trapping the aggressive bozo in the middle, but I decide that I will be sick if this gets checked through, and I am ahead. I bet, hoping that if I get raised, it is by someone who just caught a queen, because I am planning on calling one bet if I do get raised.

So, out of four streets, how many did I play well on?