Thread: Moving to Vegas
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Moving to Vegas

You're definitely right to find an apartment once you get there, rather than beforehand based on Internet photos. You will probably be able to find something you like within a week (first, narrow it down to an area or two that you like, then drive around and check with all of the apartment communities you can find). The length of your hotel stay will depend on when the place you want to live has something available.

Quite frankly, it's not a big deal, because at $99/week, I'm guessing that's cheaper than whatever apartment you end up living in. (I'd kill to pay that!)

The credit check is pretty instantaneous (1 or 2 days max). My only concern is that they are not going to give you an apartment without a job or an established income history. Of course, perhaps thing are different in Vegas. You might need to have a parent or friend co-sign for you.

Finally, take a look at some truck companies other than U-Haul (Budget, Ryder come to mind), considering the distance of your trip. U-Haul has a very poor quality record, and I'm not sure if I'd want to drive one through the desert. (Make sure you get that cell phone BEFORE going back to get the truck.)