View Single Post
Old 12-14-2002, 05:56 PM

Default Re: How did i play these omaha hi low hands preflop..?

Everything depends upon the type of game - if it's tight and only two or three players are seeing most flops then your hand requirements obviously go up. But if there's a lot of unraised, multiway pots then you are giving up value by folding the better high-oriented hands, especially in late position.

3) MP limps - I limp with A3710 two diamonds to the 7
Question? Is A3 offsuit playable from any position.. why?

I hate this kind of hand. I will only play it if a) there are likely to be a lot of preflop callers without a raise and b) this is the type of game where people will chase you with non-nut low draws if you flop a deuce and another low card.

5) UTG limps, button raises i call in SB with A344 single suited to the 4.

I would probably fold here. Your hand may be dominated and the pot is small.

7) A6KK mucked on the button after several limpers single suited to the ace.

I would probably play this hand on the button for a single bet, looking to flop a set or the nut flush draw. You can get away from this hand easily if you miss the flop and you are in prime position to get paid if you hit.

8) 23QJ single suited to the Q mucked in Sb after several limpers.

I would definitely play this hand for a half bet. Just be wary about gettting away from the hand if you only flop the flush draw.

9) muck 9JQQ single suited to Q

I don't know the context. I would muck UTG or in a tight game and would call a single bet in late position after several limpers in a loose game.