View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Utterly confused with KK

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: (12.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

I felt this was similar to an example in SSHE where you have a pair of Q's and an ace falls. I was raising to protect my hand in a pretty large pot. UTG was pretty loose and agressive so I wasnt necesarrily going to give him credit for the ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Emmitt -

You indicate you are raising to protect your hand.

From what I ask...?

An Ace has already fallen,

and the only "real" draw out there is QJ -- but they are drawing to kings. Given that you have two already in your hand - raising here isn't going to get you much in the way of protection - let them draw to a two outer.

No one is betting a flush draw, or an open end straight draw. - I drop it on the flop - yes they are cowboys, yes you probably had the best hand going in, and yes you are probably beat.

On the turn - you really need to let this hand go. You've raised PF, raised the Flop and been bet into on the turn. Not only that - he's betting into 4 people -- all of which called.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]