View Single Post
Old 02-28-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Re: The biggest leak ?

[ QUOTE ]
Honesty, at this point I think my biggest leak is simply sitting down at the table to play. I'm sure I must be doing some things wrong. However, there's little doubt in my mind my pre-flop play is very good based on SSHM. I count outs and play draws well. I protect my goods hand fairly well. I rarely slowplay, but when I do the hand is almost a total lock. You would think that doing all these things right would make me at least break even player even if I occasionally misplay 2nd pair and overcards. The reality is that I'm losing 2BB per 100 hands at $1 -$2. It is really tough for me to believe that many of the players here that claim all sorts of profits are telling the truth. Sure there may be a few experts, but I can't believe that with all I am certain I am doing right that other players posting hands here are that much better than I am. So it is clear to me that my biggest leak is sitting down to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

well you basically have said your biggest leak is not knowing what your leaks are. BTW, i make mistakes all the time and am a winner. You need to use poker tracker or post a bunch of hands or something. But the first thing is to stop thinking you are good, if you can't beat 1/2, you are not good.

also, you might be playing in the wrong games. observe your prospective table, if you don't see people making obvious mistakes, don't sit down.

one more thing, you shouldn't be playing $1/$2 if you haven't yet beat 50c/$1. Start at the bottom and "earn" your way up, then if things get hairy you can always drop back down and work on your game. good luck