View Single Post
Old 02-28-2005, 05:47 PM

Default AK flops Top pair against (good?) aggressive player

Don't really know for sure about villian in this one. Prior to this he has come over the top of me both on the flop and pre-flop. The pre-flop time was when I raise from CO with 97s and had to fold to his +7 dollar reraise from button. The next time I semi-bluffed at a striaght draw. So I didn't play back either time.

Another time he came over the top when I had AT for tptk on the flop and then bet out about 1/2 pot at a 3 flush board on the turn.

By the time this hand came up he has been around for about 40+ hands. He looks decent six max wise. Maybe hoping I had stumbled into my big stack as people are prone to due at 6max so he gets the good seat right to my left. See's about 35% of flops and is agressive pre and post.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Button ($3.75)
SB ($49.35)
Hero ($104.46)
UTG ($45.95)
MP ($33.35)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, UTG calls $2, SB folds.

Flop: ($5.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $12</font>, Hero calls $8.

Turn: ($29.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $12</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $41.50

I think I could have definetly raise to 3 instead of 2 pre-flop. Based on his turn bet size I was going to possibly check-raise all in on the turn on a non club or instead I might have lead the turn. Just couldn't commit any more when the flush hit as he seem's capable of the semi-bluff on the flop which just adds to his hand range that now beats me.

Where do you play it different? I just have this aversion to backing 100xBB with TPTK so I am never sure with these hands.