View Single Post
Old 02-28-2005, 05:47 PM

Default Questionable turn play with QJ

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

I consider my bet on the flop pretty standard.

Turn: (5 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls.

I put UTG on Kx on the flop and wasn't sure about the BB, I was pretty sure it would get checked to UTG and I could raise to force BB into folding 2 cold. I was surprised to have it 3-bet back to me after the check-raise, but I capped thinking that AQ, KK, or KQ would have been raised PF

What do you guys think of the turn play and what should my action be on the river?