View Single Post
Old 02-28-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Hit a set now what

I can't believe i'm responding to one of your posts. If these pots aren't trolls then you are truly amazing.
I'm going to say this once slowly and loudly so be sure you listen:

T H I S I S N O T A B A D B E A T.

The guy made a bad call in relation to the actual odds of him winning the hand. However, put yourself in his shoes for a minute. You made a wimpy ass bet at the pot...so you may have only one pair, and it might not even be a queen. His Ace outs are maybe good...his king outs put a bunch to a straight up there, so they might not be good. He *might* give himself as many as 4 straight outs, and 4 ace outs. If he has 8 outs it's not that bad a call...8 out of 44 cards, so around 5 to 1, and he stands to win more on the river...making it at least a marginal call. You have to bet the size of the pot here....that would make his call wrong in any instance other than an already made straight or a set of queens or something. I don't think there is any way he calls $30 with a gutshot straight draw. It sucks that you lost, it sucks that he called with his gutshot but you lost this pot because of your bad play...even bad players fold to the $30 bet. So he hit a 4 outer to beat you...cry me a river...its a bad beat when they hit runner runner after an all in, or they hit a 1 outer to make some straight flush or something...this is just a common every day occurence.