View Single Post
Old 02-28-2005, 05:19 AM

Default Re: How did you get to this point?

[ QUOTE ]
point takin. I went from 6500 to about 4400 with a pocket pair i had to fold after overs and fairly heavy betting. Then i got really lousy cards for several rounds. I pushed A6s to steal the blinds once, only other marginal hand i had was 87s from early, which I passed on. I definatly wasn't waiting for aces, but was hoping for a pair or high cards at some point.

So, I guess I need input, should I be pushing with Q6, J2, etc. (I also had an active big stack to my left, which made me hesitent to steal too weak)

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a personal tourney rule that says when my stack is btwn 4-6BB, I'm stealing from any position with simple hands like Q9s, 57s, JTo, etc. I try to stick with suiteds, and try to have some connectivity. The idea is that if I am called, I'll probably have two live cards plus a str8 draw and a flush draw possible. But if I'm MP3, Ace anything is good enough, and K8s looks pretty good. However, I'm folding if someone raised ahead of me and only calling their raises with premium hands.

When I get below 4BB, I'm accepting any offer of a coin flip. CO bets me all in on the button, I'm calling with pocket ducks or AT.

This rule is also accompanied by a "tighten up" rule that says btwn 10BB and 6BB, all-in is my only bet and I'm only doing so with premium hands and/or Choice position.

If I have 4BB, I'm hoping to double up with my Q9s and then catch KK the next hand and double up again. If I don't catch KK, I'm waiting another half hour until I have to give Q9s another go.

Just some advice from a rookie, it is well-thought out and often used, but I don't have the experience of others here.

CSC