View Single Post
Old 12-07-2002, 07:58 PM

Default Sometimes you\'d rather miss.

Ok here's two hands of 2-4 paradise where by the time it was my turn to act on the river, I had a pretty big hand, but didn't really know what to do anyways.

First hand:
I am in the SB with AcKd. One limper, then a raise. Three cold callers to me and I 3 bet. BB cold calls, limper folds, raiser 4 bets. Everyone calls and 5 people see the flop. This is somewhat unusual as the game has been fairly typical to this point. I'm not sure if I like my hand right now.

Flop: Kc Td 8d

You know, sometimes, you'd almost rather just miss. Anyways, I lead out. BB calls, raiser raises, two cold calls, the button folds, I 3 bet, BB calls, all call. 4 of us see the turn for 3 bets. I'm concerned that the preflop raiser may have AA and is worried about KK. I couldn't really figure the other two; draws or weaker kings I assumed.

Turn: Ah

Well, is that a new ball of wax or what? It seems pretty unlikely that the raiser now has AA, no? Well, let's just lead out and see what happens. BB calls. Preflop raiser calls. Now the last player raises. I call, BB calls, preflop raiser calls. I am now very confused.

River: 7s (board AKT87 no flush possible).

I check. Now BB leads?! Preflop raiser calls, and last raises again. I like to fold here? The pot is currently approaching 30BB.

Hand 2:

I am in the BB with the cutesy Kc2d. 6 people limp in and I check.

Flop: 6c 3c 2s
I check, next two check, then a bet. 3 call to me and I make a semi marginal call with bottom pair, overcard, running 2nd nut flush draw? UTG calls, then a checkraise. Everyone except one person calls and 5 of us see the turn.

Turn: 2c

You know, sometimes you'd just rather miss? I bet out. 2 people call.

River: Kh

I bet out, BB raises, flop checkraiser 3bets. I like to call. BB calls. Should I cap the river here?