View Single Post
Old 02-26-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Results

Results?

The tables would consolidate as the result if this hand (10 players to final table) and I agonised over this. I actually didn't fear the 2nd callers all-in at all, it was definitely player 3's move as I was absolutely convinced the player would not do this on the hope/chase. I put him on AA-QQ, with JJ being a possibility but he would definitely be capable of passing a high ace here (I have played with this player on several occasions and he is not a man to throw it about shall we say [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

Anyway, as i figured it, and the reason i tortured myself for a while, I was getting about 4-1 pot odds, I truly believed I would be going in 2nd best (at best) and the chances of me making a set by the river are just over 4-1.

So it came down to a gamble decision, did I want to rumble and have good shout at final table if I got lucky, or limp in to final table assuming player 3 took it down.

I folded......

Player 1 turned over KJo, player 2 AQo and player 3 AA.....

Flop was...............

9T9 [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Anyway, it's all good. I limped to final table and, would u believe it, the poker gods took pity on me, it's not often you can say that TWICE my 23o in BB held up all-in (flopped a 3 both times to overcards - wooohooo).

I went on to win it (luckbag [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

Thanks to those who responded

stoneii