View Single Post
Old 02-26-2005, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Already read SSH, drop down to WLLH?

Alright, it looks like I am going against the grain here. I absolutely love WLLH. I think it is the best poker book any beginner could ever read. And it's not just a starter book either. You can consistantly win at any limit following its advice exactly.

When I play, my default play is always the exact advise from WLLH. I only deviate from this play if I have a good reason to do so (read on a player, abnormal table conditions, etc.)

WLLH advice, followed to the letter, will make you a winning player all the way from the micro limits, up to where I am now, $15/30.

WLLH will get you about 80% of the possible profit from the game. SSH, if understood and used properly, will get you that last 20% of possible profit (at the cost of higher variance). To me, the lower variance, safer, eaiser, WLLH advice is best for a beginner.

I've read WLLH at least a half a dozen times, and consistantly have a nice win rate. After reading SSH for the first time, my game took a terrible downswing. I tried to out think every situation, and I basically became a LAG player. I went back and reread SSH, only to find that it is a lot of work to remember it all, only to get that extra 20% of the profit. For now, I'm content with my win rate that comes easily to me from an easy to read and understand book, WLLH.